Using fun-filled learning centers and hands-on activities, our Preschool program focuses on building cognitive performance and creating an environment that will foster independence and grow confidence. Through intentional teaching practices, purposefully-designed learning environments, and enriched activities, our teachers ensure preschoolers have happy, appropriate, and meaningful learning experiences that lead to success in school and in life. Our Preschool program prepares children academically, socially, emotionally, and spiritually.
A Typical Day For A Home For Your Heart Preschooler
- Exploring Learning Centers
- Consistent Schedule
- Rhymes, Songs and Dances
- Leadership Opportunities with Classroom Roles
- Story Time
- Handwriting and Fine Motor Practice
- Working with Language and Literacy
- Lessons in Mathematics and Scientific Concepts
- Outdoor Play
- Making Friends
- Circle Time
- Creative Art Projects
- Following Directions and Being Careful Listeners
Preschool Program Highlights
- Learning Centers – Our Preschool classrooms use learning centers that allow children to explore a variety of subject areas. Each center features skills such as language and reading, construction, math, fine motor skills, art, dramatic play, science and sensory exploration. Each area helps your child gain independence and further explore themes and concepts introduced in class with a hands-on, interactive approach for preschool child development.
- Structured Environment – In preschool, we incorporate a structured, consistent daily schedule and work on building a sense of responsibility and independence in our students. A structured classroom often translates to a safe classroom, one where students can enjoy themselves and focus on learning. In a structured learning environment, students are more likely to thrive and experience personal and academic growth.
- Parent Communication –We understand the importance of staying connected to your child while at school. With daily updates, photos and notifications through emails and classroom Facebook groups our teachers take time to communicate the events of your child’s day. Through classroom activities, special events, child assessments, phone calls, and teacher/parent conferences, HFYH enables and encourages our parents to be an active part of their child’s Pre-K educational experience.