The staff and families at Home For Your Heart School are excited spring break begins next week. Parents are always wondering what are some exciting things to do while the kids are out of school. We have taken the guess work out by giving you the top 10 things to do in and around Evansville on spring break.
- Spend the morning or afternoon at Mickey’s Kingdom – Mickey’s Kingdom is new playground located in downtown Evansville. Take your kids there to play and/or have a picnic with the view of the river in the background.
- Go for a bike ride on the USI hiking paths – The University of Southern Indiana has several great hiking paths that are paved and perfect for little ones to ride their bikes or scooters.
- Explore hands-on activities at CMOE – The Children’s Museum of Evansville has many engaging activities that are perfect to keep your preschooler busy learning and creating for hours.
- Discover historic vehicles at the Evansville Museum Transportation Center – Most all preschoolers love cars, trucks, and trains! Learn about the history of transportation or check out trains and vehicles of the past at this fun museum in Evansville.
- Enjoy playing at Smothers Park in Owensboro – Smothers Park Lazy Dayz Playground was named the top playground in the world (2015) by Landscape Architect’s Network. This huge playground will allow your child to run, hide, and climb the day away.
- Play a round of mini golf at Walther’s Golf and Fun Center – Walther’s Golf and Fun Center is located in Evansville and has an indoor and outdoor golf course, lazer tag, and a video game area. Walther’s is a great option for a rainy day.
- Explore wild animals at Mesker Park Zoo and Botanical Garden – Mesker Park Zoo and Botanical Garden is located on Evansville’s west side. There are many types of animals to see from an array of countries in the world. Some of the animals you may encounter include giraffes, a jaguar, prairie dogs, and much more.
- Discover wildlife through play at Wesselman’s Wood Playscape – Wesselman’s Woods Playscape is a one of a kind discovery area where children can explore and learn in a nature-based play environment. This play area is located on Evansville’s east side.
- Go for a walk at the Audubon Park hiking trails – Just across the twin bridges into Henderson is John James Audubon State Park. The park has several easy trails that are 0.2 miles long which are perfect for preschoolers and their families. Along with hiking, the park also offers fishing with free fishing gear available on their 28-acre lake. Take a picnic lunch and enjoy a day outdoors with your child.
- View a new children’s movie at Showplace Cinemas – Playing in the movie theater next week is Wonder Park (PG), How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (PG), and The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part (PG). On Friday, March 29 the movie Dumbo (PG) will be on the big screen. Movies are a great rainy day option to enjoy.
There is a lot to do in Evansville and the surrounding areas for spring break. You never know, you might just see the staff from Home For Your Heart at one of these top 10 places. More than anything, the most important part is to spend time together making memories! We hope you enjoy every minute of your spring break!