Evansville is a city that has a lot of offer during the summer months. If you have a preschooler or toddler at home, you know how important it is to travel out of the house to explore new environments. We have created a list of events in and around the Evansville area that will help you do just that.
- Bubble Fest at Evansville-Vanderburgh Public Library – On Tuesday, June 4th from 2-3pm at EVPL North Park and Friday, June 7th from 3-4pm at EVPL Oaklyn the library will have their annual bubble fests. Be prepared to get messy as children make bubbles in a variety of different ways. Cost is free.
- Family Free Night at CMOE – The Children’s Museum of Evansville will host their Family Free Night on Thursday, June 6th from 5-8pm. Come enjoy some family time while your child sparks their imagination at the children’s museum. Cost is free.
- Showplace Cinemas Summer Movie Festival – Beginning the week of June 3rd, Showplace Cinemas will offer a different movie per week for only a dollar. There is also a discount on kids snack trays. Click HERE for specific movies, dates, and locations.
- Franklin Street Bazaar – Every Saturday until August 31st the Franklin Street Association has a bazaar on the lawn of West Library. With booths such as Snickerdoodle Art, Mesker Park Zoo, Milk & Sugar, and a stage with live music, your preschooler is sure to have a great time. Click HERE for more information and a map of the bazaar.
- Holiday Drive-In Movies – Go back in time with the unique experience of watching a movie from your car at the Holiday Drive-In in Rockport, IN. Now showing for kids are Aladdin, Dumbo, A Dog’s Purpose, and How to Train Your Dragon. Cost is $10 for adults and $5 for children (2 and under are free). Click HERE for movie times and directions.
- Nature Playscape’s First Birthday Celebration – Celebrate the first birthday of Wesselman’s Wood Nature Playscape on Saturday, June 8th. This all day event is for families of all ages that enjoy hiking in the woods, learning about animals in their nature center, and playing on the Playscape. No tickets are necessary.
- Evansville Reptile and Exotics Show – This family-friendly event on Saturday, June 8th will feature snakes, lizards, amphibians, arachnids, and more. The show will be at Old National Events Plaza from 10am-4pm. Cost is $5 per person, kids 4 and under are free.
- Chalk the Walk – Head to West Library on Wednesday, June 12th from 11am-1pm to enjoy decorating the surrounding sidewalks with chalk art. The EVPL will supply all the chalk, your child only has to bring their imagination and creativity. Cost is free.
- 2019 Evansville ShrinersFest & Air Show – This multi-day festival includes air shows, military reenactments, carnival rides, live music, & daily entertainment. ShirinersFest is June 20th-23th from 12pm-11pm. Cost is $10 for admission button before the event and $15 at the gate. Children 12 and under are free. Click HERE for more information on specific events and times.
- 4C Play and Learn – Happy 90th Birthday Eric Carle – Join 4C at Christian Fellowship Church on Tuesday, June 25th from 9:30-11:30pm for activities and giveaways related to the many children books Mr. Eric Carle has created. Cost is free.
These events are some of the reasons Evansville is a great family-friendly city. If you are a family with young children in the Evansville area, please like our Home For Your Heart Facebook page for more upcoming events and exciting activities for your child. You can also learn more about our school and the programs we offer here.