Fireworks, monster trucks, and Evansville Otters baseball are all events that will appeal to your preschooler. Evansville has these great events and more coming up this month. With the temperature warming up, it’s a great time to get out and explore the city and see all it has to offer during the month of our independence. Here are eight events you won’t want to miss.
- Block Party at Evansville-Vanderburgh Public Library – Every Tuesday in July from 6-7pm at the Oaklyn Branch library kids are invited to come play, build, and create with Legos and other types of blocks. Cost is free.
- Fireworks on the Ohio – See a spectacular firework display on the Ohio River in Downtown Evansville. There will be food trucks and fun on the river front. Times are 5-9:30pm with the fireworks beginning at dusk. Cost is free.
- Evansville Reptile and Exotics Show – If you missed this show in June, no worries, it’s back! On July 6th from 10-4pm at the Old National Events Plaza you will get a peak at snakes, lizards, arachnids, and amphibians. Cost is $5 per person, kids 4 years and under are free.
- Summer Smash – The Monster Truck Show – Monster trucks, motorcycles, and battling transformers will be showing off at Summer Smash on Saturday, July 12th and Sunday, July 13th at 3pm at the Vanderburgh 4-H Fairgrounds. Cost is free for kids 5 and under, ages 6-18 are $10 ($15 at the gate), and adults are $15 ($20 at the gate). Advanced tickets are available at all O’Reilly Auto Parts Stores. Proceeds support the Vanderburgh 4-H Center.
- Wesselman Wood’s Bug Fest – On Saturday, July 13th from 10-4pm learn all about the creepy crawly world of insects & spiders at BUG FEST! This family-friendly event will include hands-on activities and lots of opportunities to meet live critters. Cost is your admission to Wesselman’s Nature Center (members are free).
- Superhero Night at the Evansville Otters Baseball Game – Dress up like your favorite superhero and head to Bosse Field on Saturday, July 13th. The game starts at 6:35pm and tickets are available at evansvilleotters.com. Cost for general admission is $6.
- Franklin Street Movie in the Park – Aladdin – Bring your blankets and chairs on Saturday, July 20th from 8-10pm in the lawn of West Library. The movie begins at dusk and concessions are available. Cost is free.
- Vanderburgh County Fair – See farm animals, tractors, carnival rides, and so much more at the Vanderburgh County Fair the week of July 22nd. Cost is $8 per person, kids 9 and under are free. Buy a season pass for $25. For more information and a schedule of events go to: vanderburghcountyfair.com
These events are a great way to spend together as a family. If you are a family with young children in the Evansville area, please like our Home For Your Heart Facebook page for more upcoming events and exciting activities for your child. You can also learn more about our school and the programs we offer here. We hope everyone has a wonderful month of July!